Friday, February 18, 2022

2022 Album Eliminations: Tier 1 Week 1

The first week of 2022 Album of the Year showdowns is complete!  Here’s the results:

Between the Buried and Me – Colors II VS. Ten Ten – Ko-Banashi
Ten Ten – Ko-Banashi

Gang Gang Dance – Saint Dympha VS. Low – HEY WHAT!
Low – HEY WHAT!

Alice TM – Little Body in Orbit VS. Leprous – Aphelion
Alice TM – Little Body in Orbit

Men I Trust – The Untourable Album VS. Transatlantic – Forevermore
Men I Trust – The Untourable Album

With defeats for Transatlantic, Leprous, and Between the Buried and Me, it’s an unfortunate week for prog. I genuinely do advocate for those albums, however, and as Tier 1 eliminations, they will have another chance this Summer.  If you are curious about my “logic” (as much as can be applied to these kids of decisions) on these results, I am willing to “take requests” for short-form elimination posts through which I will share my line of thinking.  Otherwise, I will only post on Tier 3 showdowns starting in late May.

Even better, purchase music from these artists and decide for yourself!

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment